Monday, February 1, 2010

My experince with cameraless film making

This week blog assignment is to write about our experience with cameraless film making so far. So far? So far I haven’t done much, or much enough to give me any real footing to disuses it or to even have a memory to reflect on this that isn’t contained within a single day during a time span of a few hours. This being said, I will give my thought on today’s in-class work of film possessing. Considering that in this class is the first time Ive touch much less work with actual film I found today to be quite an eye opener. I never would of thought that unexposed film is white, I mean, it makes since once you think about it, that exposed film is black so the opposite of that would be white but to see it is so out of the ordinary. It kind of reminded me of a white snake, the way it drops to the floor and curls up, like a snake. Its kind of funny to think of unexposed film it as a white snake and not exposed black film, also more snakes are black then white.
I could not find any object to place on the unexposed film strip at my apartment, I could think of object I wish I had ay my apartment so I could bring them to put on the film strip but I didn’t have them. So I went out back to the plan beds around my apartment complex and collected sand, wood chips, leafs and grass. All of which left a similar print on the film which was not the ideal outcome. However, the rice was by far the greatest disappointment and it didn’t quite make sense. The rice left hardly any trace on the film print while the oatmeal left a perfect outline on the film. I would have liked to have the rice imprint on the film for my assignment, oh well. I guess the most important thing I learned about film printing is that metal objects leave the best imprints. My beer bottle opener and keys left the best imprints, also I used a few dimes that would make a nice round edge and I think I would like to make a whole strip of altering round edges on the film strip. Regardless, I enjoyed this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment