Thursday, April 22, 2010

How I would design 6X1

If I could design 6X1 I would first and foremost make the blog entries three hundred words instead of four hundred. In all of except one time I can remember I finished talking about whatever the blog that week was about and I would be around three hundred words, almost every time. It would take a good while, more time then it should to add on some more words. So why make me add a hundred words of adjectives and adverbs when I’ve said all that I was going to say? The second thing I would change would be some of the reading; it seems like some I had to stretch to apply some of the reading to the assignment of the week. For instance the rough theater assignment was all about ‘theater’ not film and the Synesthesia reading had nothing to do with the arts altogether, so I would find better more relatable articles. The third thing I would change would be the Saturday shoot, I’m sure for some this is no problem but I only work on the weekend so I was a hassle to get it off and threw me off for the fallowing week, I kept thinking I was one day ahead then what it actually was. This caused me a few days later to barge in on a class because I was late and confused on where the class was meeting. I would either change it shoot to a Friday because all film students do not have class on Friday I mean, let’s face it; we don’t do much on Friday unless there is an exam or major test that Monday. I would keep the assignment the way they are, it’s clear that all the assignment together make up the spectrum of experimental filmmaking. An example of the blog requirement is too long would be this one, because at this point this blog entry is at three hundred words and I can not think of more ways I would change or improve on the 6X1 class. So what am I to do? I guess absurdity would be appropriate right now. I would change the name of the class to The One Min Film; Do Whatever You Want! And the tag line of the class would be “This class is so easy students walking by in the hallway get contact credit”. Well that about does it for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment