Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rate All Assignments

I’m going to rate all projects from this semester on a scale from 1-6 and why.

#1 Cameraless Filmmaking: 2. this was the first time I touched actual film and I really enjoyed that. I learned so much about filmmaking with the “printing” thing we did in the black box. The only thing I did not like about this project was that it was a little confusing how much of our raw footage needed to go into the project. I had to go back and convert frames to feet to figure out how long the film would be.

#2 Rhythmic editing: 5. This was by far the most frustrating assignment of all of them but that was mainly do to the shitty editing computer in the editing lab. I had to start from scratch three times on this project. I enjoyed trying my hand at rhythmic editing but I must not have had a complete understanding of the concept because it felt like I was going in blind on it.

#3 Multi-plane Animation: 3. This was my first time doing stop-motion animation and I had fun with it. I was not really involved with its editing so I don’t have a complete picture of this assignment.

#4 The Bolex Long Take: 1. This was by far the best assignment of the semester. I greatly enjoyed getting out of the classroom and shot this. I also enjoyed the sound editing I did on this project, it was my first time with sound editing and I really enjoyed it.

#5 48 hr. Video Race: 3. I got this assignment done much quicker than I originally thought. However, I found this assignment to be boring to shoot and I had to devote a whole day to it. It was interesting to see the final results once it was done.

#6 Recycled Footage: 2. This assignment was very much an eye opener. I had no idea what I was going to do with it and after just twenty min of wondering around Youtub I found all the clips I wanted to use. It was fun making new sentences from the commercials to help get my point across.

To Andre- I would like to apologies for the comment I made in my last blog. I only meant it as an absurd remark; in hope that you would just see the humor behind it and not think it to be a serious criticism on your class. I understand that the point of this class is to try other forms of cameraless filmmaking, for which I greatly enjoyed the opportunity. Thank you for teaching this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment